Forum title

AuthorMessage
Russ

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Group: Forum Members
Active: Jan. 26 2004 18:13
Mon, Sep. 8 2003 20:10
I make MPEG mini-movies which I make appear in a window on a web page. Both the web page and the mini-movies are burnt to a CD, which I distribute to clients. The clients insert the CD in their players, open an 'index' page (which is also on the CD) and the video appears on the 'page' in the standard WMP interface. Clicking on the WMP 'play' button starts the video. It's great - except that is does not want to work with WMP 9! (it works fine with earlier versions). Is this a 'bug' in WMP 9 - or is there something I'm doing wrong? (By the way, I embed my movie into the web page by using the 'plug-in' command in Dreamweaver v4.) I have an urgent need for a solution to this - if it doesn't work, I will have to use QT as the movie 'carrier'. I note from other forums that WMP 9 seems to be something of a 'dog' - but the difficulty is that with new versions of Win 2000, my clients are getting WMP 9 automatically - and find my movies won't play. As I make a living doing this, I'd like to find a way around it. Also from my understanding, it's hard to strip WMP 9 out of the OS and replace it with earlier versions, so I can't even recommend that to my clients as a 'fix'. Any comments or suggestions?
reply report ]
Rinku

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Group: Forum Members
Active: Apr. 19 2004 13:04
Tue, Dec. 9 2003 08:35

have u tried downloading WMP9 encoder:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/encoder/

?

reply report ]