I am looking for recommendations on optimum Performance Options and File & Printer Sharing Properties settings for a recently upgraded company PDC.
We have a small 25 user, single server environment where the Win2k3 PDC roles are DNS Server, Application Server (supporting 2 SQL Server 2k company apps) and File Server (various MSOffice & Other applications data files).Hardware platform is a whitebox server based on Intel SE7210TP1-E Mobo w/ 3GHz P4 HT processor, 2GB PC3200 DDR ECC Memory, Adaptec 29160 Ultra320 SCSI Host controller for the OS HD (Seagate Ultra320 Cheetah), Adaptec 2120S Ultra320 RAID controller configured RAID 1 (2-Seagate Ultra320 Cheetah drives) with Intel network Fast Ether components end-to-end (NICS and Switch).
What I'm looking for is quidance on what the optimum Performance Options and File & Printer Sharing Properties settings.
- Performance Options?Processor Scheduling... a) Programs OR b) Background Services
- Memory Usage... a) Programs OR b) System cache
- File & Printer Sharing Properties settings?
- Minimize memory used OR
- Balance OR
- Maximize data throughput for file sharing
- ORMaximize data throughput for network applications
Also are their any suggestions on Virtual Memory Settings based on the info provided.
Thanks in advance for your expertise.