AuthorMessage
BABYCAKES

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Group: Forum Members
Active: Aug. 6 2004 12:04
Fri, Aug. 6 2004 12:07

Hey everyone

plz plz plz may you help me i would love to have a colour screen name on msn messenger but i dont no how to get it and my m8 won't tell me. So please tell me.

thanks

reply report ]
lil_lou

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Oct. 27 2004 02:24
Sat, Sep. 11 2004 12:44
try this...

· $ put tha in front of your screen name with a number between 1 and 67 after it but delete the space....to look at the colours press ctrl & k

Score: 2.00 (1 vote)reply report ]
Hannah

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Oct. 30 2004 11:26
Sat, Oct. 30 2004 11:29

That works but do you know how I can get a list of all the colours and their codes? I need black and a white. Can anybody help?

Hannah

reply report ]
lil_lou

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Oct. 27 2004 02:24
Sat, Nov. 6 2004 10:32

to get the list of colours and codes, open a conversation window and press Ctrl and K, then a box will come up and then you just put the cursor over the colour you want and the number comes up, all you gotta do then is type that number out after the · $

reply report ]
mclax

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Jun. 3 2005 01:55
Fri, Jun. 3 2005 02:03
it dnt wrk plz tell meh how 2 mke it wrk thanx
reply report ]
mclax

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Jun. 3 2005 01:55
Fri, Jun. 3 2005 01:58
it dnt work plz tell meh how 2 do it step by step thanx
Score: 2.00 (1 vote)reply report ]
puzzal

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Jun. 29 2005 12:16
Thu, Jun. 30 2005 08:31

hi

all the awnsers that every one have put to get a colour screen name dosent wrk for me plz can u tell me an easy simple way ??????

thanx

reply report ]
steffy123

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Aug. 6 2005 06:21
Sat, Aug. 6 2005 06:23

hiyaaa,

I have done the instruction thing and my friend said i have a red name, but the problem is i cant see it! pleeeeeeease help me!!

thanx!!! xxxx

reply report ]
SexyTechy

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Aug. 8 2005 20:06
Mon, Aug. 8 2005 20:09
Ok. Here's the deal. First of all, you need to download Messenger Plus! You can get that at http://www.msgplus.net/ Once you've got that downloaded, open a conversation window. Type: /nick Then, press ctrl+k, a small window opens with the colours you can choose. When you press ctrl+k, msn should automatically insert the code symbol you need to identify the following number as a colour. All that is needed, is for you to click the desired colour for your screen name and it enters the number. Type the screen name and repeat the ctrl+k action each time you need/want to change a colour
reply report ]
Effie

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Sep. 27 2005 18:38
Tue, Sep. 27 2005 18:40
Would anyone know how to make your screen name on sumones buddylist show up colorful? for AIM
reply report ]
Nathalie

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Oct. 1 2005 03:46
Sat, Oct. 1 2005 03:50

hiya,

do anyone know how to highlight ur msn screen name? if anyone know plzplzplzzzzzz tell me!!! thanks!

Nathalie.

reply report ]
bethyboop

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Dec. 21 2005 14:05
Wed, Dec. 21 2005 14:11

on the code for the color tag that dot dollar n numba wud ne1 b able 2 tel me if the dot is on the keyboard fankoo xxxxxx

reply report ]
sexylissa_19

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Jan. 19 2006 09:50
Thu, Jan. 19 2006 09:52
how do u get that dot? wot keys
reply report ]
xsuex

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Oct. 1 2006 13:37
Sun, Oct. 1 2006 13:37
if you press and hold alt then press 0183 on the num pad (the numbers on the right hand side of the keyboard) it should come up. ive put it on here but it might just show up as a question mark, here it is ·
reply report ]
BaybeeSmi13z

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Feb. 13 2006 17:05
Mon, Feb. 13 2006 17:07
reply report ]
Alan

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Feb. 14 2006 16:09
Tue, Feb. 14 2006 16:01
reply report ]
hotchick87

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Feb. 17 2006 06:44
Fri, Feb. 17 2006 06:42
reply report ]
Arctic_Ollie

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Apr. 22 2006 07:43
Sat, Apr. 22 2006 07:45

if i go to www.mess.be u can get the dots , go on to the nicknames dropdown bar and select ASCII Nicknames. 

reply report ]
purpleeyez

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: May. 20 2006 10:05
Sat, May. 20 2006 10:17

ok 4 evry1 thats tryin 2 change the color of their screen name listen up! this is what you have 2 do:

u need 2 download msn plus! so go on google and type in "download msn plus!" n wen u hav downloaded it go on "all programs" then "accesories" then "system tools" then "charactor map" and find a special dot that iz in the middle. copy n paste it in ur personal settings and put a dollar sign $ next to it n put a number between 1 and 67 then it should work!

2 find the colour codes 4 it click on a a conversation window wer u tlk 2 a friend n on da left side der shud be 2 buttons. click on the top 1 and send frm the top it says "Insert a text color tag" click on it n put ur mouse over a color and it tells u a code. type it after the $ sign n voila!!! lol i hope ive helped u all because i woz gettin really peed off 2. if it still dnt work den im sorry but thats wot i did :P xoxox

reply report ]
dunno

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: May. 25 2006 02:55
Thu, May. 25 2006 02:56
here ya go

<<< thats the dot! use that thn put a $ without a space thn choose a numba

reply report ]
SPchick

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: May. 29 2006 14:27
Mon, May. 29 2006 14:32

Hey ppl !

Can anybody tell me ..how to put the color to my SN on msn...i d-loaded msn plus..yet i cant seem to b able to find how to add the color ...did i d-loaded the wrong thing...do i need to configure something ..?? if anybody plz help me ..i would appreciate it loads ....thanxs

reply report ]
becca

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Jun. 4 2006 03:52
Sun, Jun. 4 2006 03:54

how do u change ur msn name to bold and underlined? xxx

reply report ]
thinkpink

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Jun. 14 2006 04:42
Wed, Jun. 14 2006 04:44

HEY!

to get a colour screen nae do this it really works every one!

if u have downloaded msn plus downlad it again and u wont have it any more. copy one of your friends codes and then once again dowload msn plus ten copy the code in the screen name box and you have the dot just change the number if you dont want that colour or you will loose the dot.

i hope this helps i found it out by acident but it defiantly works - i told y friend and it worked for her too.

reply report ]
Livvilu

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Apr. 13 2007 07:46
Fri, Apr. 13 2007 07:51

2 b honest ive tried all thoze things and they havent worked plz can u tell me how u high lite ur sceen name and that wud b a big help!

plz! thanx          

reply report ]
elle_02

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Jun. 19 2006 22:08
Mon, Jun. 19 2006 23:05

First of all, this is going to be the only post on this forum that makes any sense... so hopefully you were smart enough to scroll down straight away. Secondly, someone already asked how to get a coloured nick, 'babycakes' (which may I add is an extremely gay nick) so will everyone stop wasting room by re-asking, and thirdly... if u cant answer the damn question properly- don't bother.

Now I spent a great deal of time working this out... and it certainly wasnt thanks to the help of anyone on this forum. So to help everyone out, Ive written this, because it really is simple if you know how to explain yourself.

Before I start, I just wanna say to 'Babycakes' (my god thats gay) that if ur mate wouldnt tell you how, they're obviously not a very good mate, or just a mentally retarded loser (one of the two).

reply report ]
elle_02

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Mon, Jun. 19 2006 23:07

Anyway, this is the only part u actually need to read... lol

1. Press 'start', which is that button that says start on the bottom left corner of your screen. Click 'All Programs', 'Accessories', 'system tools', and then 'Character Map'. If u can't do that, you're an absolute idiot.

2. Now you'll see the character map. This is where we all get confused. Some idiots on this forum said to use question marks, and lesser idiots said dots. So there I was, using question marks and full stops, when it was a U+00B7:?middle dot I needed. You'll find this dot on the 6th row, 18th column, directly below the pound sign.

3. I couldnt just past the dot here, because it turns out to be a question mark. Sorry.

I cant believe not one person on the whole internet was smart enough to do that.

4. Now go to MSN messenger, sign in, the usual shit and double click on anyones name... someone who is online... just as if u were going to start talking to them. When you have that opened up, press CTRL + K at the same time, and a colour box will come up. You can then move the mouse hand over the colours, and select one between 0 and 67. You cannot choose any other colours, so dont bother.

5. Now, remember that number. There is no need to type /nick and all that shit... didnt work for me.

6. Now go to options. Put in the middle dot you should have copied. Then put a dollar side, which is shift 4 for all those dumbasses, and then type the number of the colour you wanted. Type your usual nick, and press enter. Only the people with MSN plus will be able to see the colour. All the other idiots will just think ur some sort of gangster who likes money.

Theres also this site forget it though, by msn which tells u all about how you can put as many different colours as you want and shit like that (find it urself), but it doesnt help as good as what I wrote.

reply report ]
sarah

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Dec. 12 2006 16:12
Tue, Dec. 12 2006 16:10
i tought dat u was a lot of help bt da fing is wen i go 2 my personal settings 2 add the colour fing 2 my screen name it doesnt work. 1st i do da middle dot which is ? then $ nd den ad the numba of da colour i want bt wen i do dis nuffin appens wat av i dne wrong? plz help xxx
reply report ]
Livvilu

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Apr. 13 2007 07:46
Fri, Apr. 13 2007 07:54
ok it wont let me copy and paste on2 ma screen name tell me how 2 plz thanx!
reply report ]
elle_02

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Mon, Jun. 19 2006 23:10

So heres a recap:

1. Middle dot

2. Dollar Sign

3. Colour Number

4. Type your nick

5. Press enter

6. wOoHoO

Heres an example:

[middle dot will go here]$6im so sexy

Notice there are no spaces between the dot, dollar, number and nick, or it wont work. The dot, dollar and number disappear to be replaced by colour in the actual name thing.

So there you have it hopefully this will stop all those annoying people and all those queries you have If I made any mistakes, tell me but dont say shit because I dont give a f***. Feedback would be good (good or bad) seeing as I took the time to write this. Tell me if it helped (and I cant believe we did all this for colour) LOL.

p.s... couldnt fit all three posts on one because exceeded maximum limits... how gay... wow this is long though... hahah maybe it would help to print, or just use the recap... lol

Later,

Elle

reply report ]
Ashlea

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Jun. 22 2006 12:57
Thu, Jun. 22 2006 12:58

hey elle thanks for the info it really helped me,

those other ways were so confusing!

anyway thanks, Ash xxx

reply report ]
Mental_Max

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Jul. 20 2006 09:34
Thu, Jul. 20 2006 09:33

OK well all the codes on how to change name colour, name background colour and also how to make your name bold, underlined or strike out are here:

http://www.dotcomunderground.com/blogs/2006/03/08/msn-plus-colour-codes/

reply report ]
Sarah

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Aug. 5 2006 04:56
Sat, Aug. 5 2006 04:57

Hey every1! I'm new here and I searched something on google and this came up. So i decided to join! But can some1 tell me how to make only a section of ur name a colour eg. i rock this world!

cos every website that pops up when i search on google only has something 4 the whole name like this- i rock this world!

can sum1 plz tell me what to do! i'd really appreciate it. thanx :) 

reply report ]
Sarah

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Aug. 5 2006 04:56
Sat, Aug. 5 2006 05:01
so wazzup
reply report ]
t bear

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Active: Aug. 20 2006 04:21
Sun, Aug. 20 2006 04:24
okay this is how u do it da easy way....    u go on to changing ure s/n and u copy $  and a number e.g 7 u put this infront of ure s/n and click okay then TADA u have got it u can put the same dot and $sign sumwhere else in ure s/n to make a diffrent part of ure s/n a diffrent colour--- to c wat  number is wat colur  go onto a convo. and press alt+k and select a colour frm the pad then put that number  next to the $ eg $31         welcome!  u get the dot from http://www.mess.be/ and press nick names and go onto ASCII nicknames?    and find the dot and click on it and then copy and paste it.
reply report ]